Monday 19 April 2010

The Lion King


I'm a sucker for a musical but this has got to be the most amazing show I have ever seen. Aside from being a brilliant story which admittedly I have loved since I saw this in the cinema as a young child. When the show opened with a very powerful "Circle of Life" ensemble and the life sized elephants and giraffes marched down the aisles toward the stage bought back warm memories of why I love this story so much. As I was sitting on the end of the row, I got a great view of the outstanding work gone into the costumes, it was definitely one of the favourite moments of the night.

Our seats were no disappointment as we were in the stalls and had a great view as well as loads of comfy leg room with an aisle right in front of us - result.

The costumes reached far beyond astounding, the elaborate set designs were stunning to see and the vocals were exceptional.

As much as I use to say I'd never buy any merchandise; they've already taken enough of my money! I did end up walking out with a C.D soundtrack and oddly enough a beach towel - another happy customer.

No comments:

Post a Comment